Here’s and article on how to get Senior Citizen ID Card in the Philippines.
As provided in the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines, it is the declared policy of the State to promote a just and dynamic social order that will ensure the prosperity and independence of the nation and free the people from poverty through policies that provide adequate social services, promote full employment, a rising standard of living and an improved quality of life.
How to get Senior Citizen’s ID in the Philippines
Step 1: Go to the Municipal’s Office Office of Senior Citizen’s Affair
You simply have to visit the Municipal’s Office of Senior Citizen’s Affair (OSCA) and submit the requirements as listed above. You will be asked to fill up a form. For those applying in Quezon City here is a form you can download and fill up to be submitted to OSCA.
Step 2: Provide Documents as Proof that your 60 years Old.
According to the Office for Senior Citizens Affairs Manila (OSCA), to be eligible for a senior citizen’s ID card, the applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- A legitimate Filipino citizen
- Already in the senior citizen age – 60 years old and over
- A resident in the City for at least 6 months
The qualified Applicant should also submit the following requirements for his/her card application:
- An Application Form (available at the OSCA office) duly accomplished,
- A recent 1″ x 1″ ID photograph, and a photocopy of any of the following documents:
- Voter’s ID (from Comelec)
- Driver’s License
- NBI Clearance
- Police Clearance
- Old Residence Certificate
- Postal ID
- Any combination of identification documents confirming the applicants name, date of birth and present address.
Step 3: Fill-up Application Form for Senior Citizen Identity Card
- Form Is Free You Can get it from the OSCA Office
- Or You Can Download .PDF form here.
Watch the Video on How to Apply Senior Citizen Discount Card:
A. You should determine the amount of VAT Exemption Sale.
Every senior citizen should always remember that they are all exempted from paying the Value-Added Tax (VAT), which goes to say that they should deduct the amount of VAT from the original selling price. The formula for this is VAT Exempt Sales = Selling Price / 1.12
If the selling price is ₱800.00 and the VAT Rate is 12%, then it would be ₱800.00 / 1.12 = ₱713.01
B. Deduction of your 20% discount
The formula for deducting your 20% discount is, Senior Citizen Discount = VAT Exempt Sale x 20% Example: ₱713.01 x 0.20 = ₱142.60
C. Computation of your billable amount
Now that we’ve figured out the VAT Exempt Sale and the amount of your senior citizen discount, it’s now time for you to know that exact amount of money that you should pay.
Formula would be, Amount of collectible = VAT Exempt Sale – Senior Citizen Discount
Example: ₱713.01 – ₱142.60 = ₱570.41
The Discount List for All Senior Citizens
All the senior citizens- whose age range from 60 years old and over are covered by the law that will give them benefits and privileges. For the past years the following laws have given them various benefits in different important matters:
Republic Act No. 7432, better known as the Expanded Senior Citizens Act of 2003
RA 9994, an improvement to RA 7432 to include additional services RA 10645, an improvement to RA 9994 to provide mandatory Phil Health coverage for all senior citizens.
|20 % Discount||Medical-related privileges
Hotels, Restaurants, Recreational Facilities, Places of Leisure
|1.) Medicine and drug purchases
2.) Medical supplies, accessories and equipment
3.) Medical and dental services
4.) Professional fees of attending physician
5.) Professional fees of licensed health workers providing health care services
6.) Air and Sea
7.) Land: LRT, MRT, PNR, buses, Jeepneys, Taxi and Shuttle Services
8.) Hostels, Restaurants, Theaters, Cinemas, Concert halls, Circuses, Leisure and Amusement Parks
9.) Fees, charges and rental for sports facilities and equipment
10.) Funeral and burial expenses including casket or urn, embalming, cremation cost, and other services.
|Utility Discount||Grant of a minimum of 5% discount relative to the monthly use of water and electricity, provided that the meter is registered under the name of the senior citizen residing therein and does not exceed 100 kWh and 30 m³.|
Training fee exemption
|1.) Exemption from payment of individual income tax of those who are considered to be minimum wage earners
2.) Training fees for socio-economic programs conducted by private and government agencies subject to the guidelines issued by DTI, DOLE, DA, TESDA and DOST-TRC.
|Freebies||1.) Free medical and dental services
2.) Free vaccinations
|Government Assistance||Social Pension
Mandatory Phil Health Coverage
All Safety Nets
Death Benefit Assistance
|1.) Indigent senior citizens shall be entitled to a monthly stipend amounting to ₱500.00 to augment daily subsistence and other medical needs.
2.) All senior citizens are covered by the national health insurance program of Phil Health.
3.) The social safety assistance shall include, but not be limited to, food, medicines, and financial assistance for house repair to cushion effects of economic, disaster and calamity shocks.
4.) Assistance of a minimum of P2, 000 shall be given to the nearest surviving relative who took care of the deceased senior citizen.
Benefits and Privileges for Retirees
Privileges on Special Discounts in Special Programs
|1. Express lanes shall be provided in all private, banking, commercial and government establishments; priority shall be given in their absence.
2. Assistance shall be granted to senior citizens to pursue education through provision of scholarships, grants, financial aids, subsidies, and other incentives.
3. Continuance of the same benefits and privileges by GSIS, SSS and PAG-IBIG as enjoyed by those in active service.
Twenty Percent (20%) Discount and VAT Exemption
- Medical-related privileges
- Domestic transportation privileges
- Hotels, restaurants, recreational centers, and places of leisure, and funeral services
- Recreations centers
- Admission fees privilege
- Funeral and burial services
- Income tax exemption
- Exemption from training fees
- Free medical and dental services in government facilities
- Free vaccinations for indigent senior citizens
- Educational privileges
- Benefits and privileges for retirees
- Privileges on granting special discounts in special programs
- Express lanes privileges
- Click here to learn about utility discounts.
When applying for replacement of a lost Senior Citizen’s ID Card, an applicant must:
- Submit two (2) copies of an Affidavit of Loss
- Submit two (2) copies of a Police or Barangay Report, and
- Pay an ID replacement fee of one hundred pesos ₱100.00