Here’s the DepEd School Calendar for School Year 2018-2017, DO_s2018_025_0.pdf the documents is ready for download, the files is also for smartphone can easily open PDF files. Press the link [DO_s2018_025_0.pdf] to download PDF documents.
DepEd Order No. 25, s. 2018
School Calendar for School Year 2018-2019
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public and Private Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
- The School Year (SY) 2018-2019 shall formally open on Monday, June 4, 2018 and shall end on Friday, April 5, 2019. It shall consist of 208 school days inclusive of the five-day In-Service Training and the three days for the Parent-Teacher Conferences (PTC) conducted within the school year. However, learners are expected to be in school for a total of 200 class days as shown in Enclosure No. 2.
- Private schools may deviate from this School Calendar. However, they may not start classes earlier than the first Monday of June and not later than the last day of August, as provided in Republic Act (RA) No. 7797, entitled An Act to Lengthen the School Calendar from Two Hundred (200) Days to Not More than Two Hundred Twenty (220) Class Days. Said schools should notify in advance their respective regional offices (ROs) regarding any deviation from the school calendar.
- The Implementing Guidelines on the SY 2018-2019 Calendar of Activities are provided in Enclosure No. 1 to enable the schools to effectively implement the school events and activities. Likewise, the guidelines shall allow the ROs and the schools division offices to provide support to schools, particularly in the areas of instruction, and progress monitoring and evaluation.
- Schools may observe national and local celebrations/activities and holidays other than those indicated in Enclosure Nos. 2 and 3 provided that these activities are beneficial to the teaching-learning process, and that the total number of class days shall not be compromised.
- Make-up classes are recommended in lieu of class cancellations due to celebrations and holidays, as well as natural and man-made calamities. Mechanism for the conduct of make-up classes must be agreed upon by school heads and the Parent-Teacher Associations. In this regard, the ROs may issue a regional school calendar to announce and reflect their concerned events.
- Immediate dissemination of and strict compliance with this Order is directed.
(Sgd.) LEONOR MAGTOLIS BRIONES
Below is the official calendar for the upcoming school year that includes holidays and school breaks, examination days, and (tentatively) scheduled special days. Note that dates may vary for private schools.
June 4 – Start of classes (can vary in private schools)
June 12 – Holiday: Independence day
June 15 – Holiday: Eid’l Fitr
Early Language Literacy and Numeracy Assessment
Special Philippine Educational Placement Test (PEPT)
August 9-10 – First quarter exams
August 18 – Distribution of report cards and parent-teacher conference
August 21 – Holiday: Ninoy Aquino Day
August 22 – Holiday: Eid’l Adha
August 27 – Holiday: National Heroes Day
National Career Assessment Examination for Grade 9
October 5 – World Teacher’s Day
October 18-19 – Second quarter exams
October 22 – Start of sembreak
October 27 – Distribution of report cards and parent-teacher conference
October 29 – End of sembreak/Classes resume
Accreditation and Equivalency Test
November 1 – Holiday: All Saints Day
November 2 – Holiday: All Souls Day
November 30 – Holiday: Bonifacio Day
Administration of PEPT
December 22 – Start of Christmas break
December 30 – Holiday: Rizal Day
January 2 – End of Christmas break/Classes resume
January 10-11 – Third quarter exams
January 19 – Distribution of report cards and parent-teacher conference
January 26-Feb. 27 – Early registration for Kindergarten to Grade 12
January 28-Feb. 1 – National Festival of Talents
February 5 – Holiday: Chinese Lunar New Year’s Day
March 14-15 – Fourth quarter exams for Grades 6 and 12
March 21-22 – Fourth quarter exams for Grades 1-5 and 7-11
National Achievement Test for Grade 6 and 10
April 1 to 5 – End of school year rites (graduation and moving up ceremonies)
April 5 – Last day of classes
April 9 – Holiday: Araw ng Kagitingan
April 11-12 – Distribution of report cards and parent-teacher conference
April 15 – Start of summer classes
April 18 – Holiday: Maundy Thursday
April 19 – Holiday: Good Friday
May 1 – Holiday: Labor Day
May 24 – End of summer classes