According to the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA), roughly 9.5 million to 12.5 million Filipinos currently work or reside abroad, which is equivalent to 10 to 11% of the total population of the Philippines.

To put that into perspective, about 4,500 Filipinos leave the country every day to work abroad, meaning more than a million workers ply their trade in a foreign country.

For OFWs to legally exit the Philippines as overseas workers, they must secure an Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC). The OEC is basically an exit pass that grants OFWs the authorization to depart the country. Without it, they will not be allowed to leave the Philippines and return to the country of their employment. This process has to be done every time they go back to work after a period of stay in the Philippines. With the strict implementation of OECs on OFWs need to go through the burdensome process every time they go back home.

In an effort to lessen the burden on OFWs, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) has finally created a unified ID system that will replace the outdated OEC system. The unified ID system for OFWs is called the iDOLE.

What are the requirements to get my iDole OFW ID?

Couldn’t get enough of this good news? If you’re used to wait for hours and even had the memory of getting cut off in the line, you need not to worry for the Secretary Bello have clarified that for all OFWs registered under DOLE, an application will not be needed. Instead, DOLE themselves will process your ID and have them give it to you.
All of you have to do is bring primary to secondary identification cards for identity confirmations before visiting the nearest regional office in your place or go to the main office of DOLE to get your iDOLE ID.

OFW iDOLE I.D. Card Image:OFW

How to apply for an iDOLE ID card?

Only registered OFWs who recently acquired an OEC are eligible for an iDOLE ID card. If you are already working overseas but don’t have one yet, here’s what you need to do:

Securing an OEC (Overseas Employment Certificate)

  1. Go to
  2. Register with your email address and click the “Sign Me Up” button.
  3. A confirmation email will be sent to you email with a link to complete your registration. Click the link found in the email.
  4. Fill-in with the required information: personal Data, contract Particulars, and beneficiaries.
  5. lick Acquire OEC or Exemption for online assessment. Enter flight date and confirm if returning to the same employer and jobsite.


  1. gudmorning MADAM/Sir ask ko lang po pwede nb a yung oec ko last na umuwi ako o need prin ng bgo na OEC pra apply ng iDOLE CARD

  2. matagal n akong balik manggagawa halos 24 yrs na gusto ko sanang magkaroon ng permanenting ofw id or idole card pero paano?


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.