Republic Act 9155 states that all citizens of the State has the right to have a quality basic education and make education accessible to all Filipino children by providing a free and compulsory education in the elementary level and high school level.
However, the Republic Act focuses only on elementary and high school level. So, different agencies and also the Commission of Higher Education (CHED) offer different scholarships for the incoming college students.
One of the agencies that give scholarship is the MegaWorld Foundation. MegaWorld Foundation started giving free scholarship since 1999. The mission of this Foundation is to provide scholarship grants to the financially handicapped but academically qualified students and to provide financial assistance to the foundations and socio-civic organizations that share the same vision as the Foundation.
There are 24 participating schools that support the scholarship. According to their website, college students except senior students can apply to the scholarship. Also, it is mention in their website that late charges, installment fee, and graduation fess are not included in the said scholarship. There are specific and general requirements in application.
Megaworld Foundation Inc. offers scholarship to all financially challenged but academically qualified
incoming 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Year students taking up Engineering (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Industrial
and Computer Engineering), Architecture, Accountancy, Interior Design, Hotel and Restaurant
Management, Tourism, Human Resources, Business or Communication Arts Courses.
According to the website, here are the following requirements.
For the applicants who are incoming freshmen:
- Photocopy of his/her Report card but need to bring the original copy for verification with at least 85% in his/her average in fourth year high school, and no lower grades than 80% in all his/her subject.
- An original copy of a certificate that he/she belongs to the upper 10% class ranking of graduating batch.
- Photocopy of his/her result of university entrance exam and letter of admission or certificate of enrollment but need to bring the original copy for verification.
For the applicants who are incoming sophomores and juniors:
- Photocopy of his/her Report card but need to bring the original copy for verification from previous to current semester with GPA of at least 85% or its equivalent, and with at least 80% grade in all subjects
- Photocopy of his/her full load assessment or registration form with class schedule but need to bring the original copy for verification
- Photocopy of complete course curriculum
Aside from the specific requirements, there are still some general requirements:
- Original copy of Income Tax Return (ITR) not exceeding Php3000,000.00 combined gross annual income/ Original copy of Affidavit and BIR Certification of Tax Exemption of Father and Mother or Guardian Birth Certificate
- Photocopy of Birth certificate but need to bring the original copy for verification
- Original letter of Endorsement letter from the College/University
- Photocopy of utility bills (electricity, water, internet, etc.) but need to bring the original copy for verification
- Two 2×2 I.D pictures
- Two 1×1 I.D pictures
- Photograph of Applicant with family/guardian
- NBI Clearance
Aside from these requirements, the applicant will fill out certain documents and will undergo exams and interviews.
The following are the benefits of the scholarship:
- Full tuition fee (late charges, installment fee, and graduation fess are not included)
- Allowance per school year
- Career opportunity at Megaworld Corporation and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates
|List of Supported Schools|
|1||Adamson University||13||Mapua Institute of Technology – Intramuros|
|2||Angeles University Foundation||14||Miriam College|
|3||Ateneo de Manila University||15||National University|
|4||Centro Escolar University – Manila||16||Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila|
|5||Chiang Kai Shek College||17||Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Sta. Mesa|
|6||De La Salle University – Manila||18||San Beda College – Manila|
|7||De La Salle College St. Benilde||19||San Sebastian College – Recoletos|
|8||Far Eastern University – Manila||20||Technological Institute of the Philippines|
|9||Far Eastern University – Institute of Technology||21||Technological University of the Philippines|
|10||Grace Christian College||22||University of the East|
|11||Lyceum of the Philippines University – Manila||23||University of the Philippines – Diliman|
|12||Manila Tytana College||24||University of Santo Tomas|
For inquiries and applications, you may coordinate with your scholarship coordinator or you may contact us:
MEGAWORLD FOUNDATION INC.
28/F The World Centre, 330 Sen. Gil Puyat Ave., Makati City
Telephone Nos.: 810-0353 / 856-3185
Fax No.: 867-8803
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
As early as now, try to avail this scholarship. If you have questions, you can go to their website.