Here’s the DepEd PDF files on Guidelines and Themes for the July Celebration.
The theme for the July 2016 Nutrition Month Celebration is: First 1000 Days ni Baby Pahalagahan Para sa Malusog na Kinabukasan which was stated at the DepEd Memorandum No. 100, s. 2018.
The Philippines celebrates the month of July as the Nutrition Month, for the year 2016, the Department of Education and the National Nutrition Council leads the country in the celebration.
DepEd Memorandum No. 100, s. 2016
2016 NUTRITION MONTH CELEBRATION
Bureau and Service Directors
Schools Division Superintendents
Public Elementary and Secondary Schools Heads
All Others Concerned
1. The National Nutrition Council (NNC) will lead the whole nation in the celebration of 2016 Nutrition Month in July. NNC also leads the Early Childhood Care and Development Intervention Package (ECCD-IP) First 1000 Days Program to contribute to child’s development through integrated health, nutrition and early education services.
2. The main purpose of this Celebration is to disseminate nutrition-related messages to all Filipinos through the theme First 1000 Days ni Baby Pahalagahan Para sa Malusog na Kinabukasan. Specifically, the Celebration aims to:
b. promote collaboration among stakeholders at the national and local levels for health programs for families with pregnant women and children less than two years old; and
c. serve as a venue for launching of the Early Childhood Care and Development Intervention Package (ECCD-IP) for the first 1000 days.
3. The ECCD-IP’s primary goal is to reduce mortality and morbidity rates, reduce the prevalence of stunting and wasting among children 0-23 months old and increase the percentage of children 0-23 months old in meeting the development milestone. The ECCD-IP First 1000 Days will be implemented in the Accelerated and Sustainable Anti-Poverty Program (ASAPP) municipalities and cities from the Category 1 provinces covering nine regions, ten provinces, ten cities, and 42 municipalities from 2016 to 2018.
4. In support of this developmental endeavor of the nutrition community to be spearheaded by the NNC, the Department of Education (DepEd) enjoins all schools to participate in this Celebration by undertaking meaningful activities which will highlight the importance of the first 1000 days of life.
5. However, it is emphasized that the Engaged Time-on-Task policy of the DepEd should be observed as stipulated in DepEd Order No. 9, s 2005.
6. A consolidated narrative report with the pictorials on the highlights of the observance of Nutrition Month shall be prepared by the regional health and nutrition personnel for submission to the NNC regional offices.
7. For more information, all concerned may contact the National Nutrition Council (NCC) Central Office, Nutrition Building, 2332 Chino Roces Avenue, Extension, Taguig City, at telephone no. (02) 818-7398 or send a message through email: [firstname.lastname@example.org ] or visit the nearest NNC regional office.
8. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.
Press the link to Download the 2016 Nutrition Month Memo Adobe PDF File.